As a young and dynamic spin-off from the OFFIS – Institute for Information Technology we are your partner for all topics in the field of micro assembly.
At MiCROW, we support you with a broad range of services to serve your needs. Starting with a problem analysis of your assembly or handling tasks and leading to the best possible solution for your microscale challenges.
Our invention, the micro-assembly and –handling station MiCROW-Pro, is suitable for a wide range of applications and can easily be customized to fulfill the requirements of your tasks – with an option to add other functions later on.
MiCROW GmbH was founded in January 2016 as a spin-off company from OFFIS – Institute for Information Technology. Based on the extensive expertise of the Division Microrobotics and Control Engineering at the University of Oldenburg, the MiCROW-Pro was successfully developed up to market standard and supported through the funding program EXIST-Transfer of Research by the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy. EXIST Transfer of Research supports outstanding research oriented projects that involve expensive and high-risk resource development.
Right from the start, MiCROW convinced customers and independent experts of the micro assembly station MiCROW-Pro and its benefits in manual production.
In September 2015 MiCROW was awarded a major prize of the start-up competition “IKT Innovativ” for the development of MiCROW-Pro. The jury praised especially the precision and flexibility of the micro assembly station, which can’t be accomplished at the calculated price by similar, competing systems.
What others are saying about us
- MiCROW transfers knowledge of many research and development projects into economic applications. The focus on smallest components and devices is in my opinion very future-oriented.Prof. Dr.-Ing. Sergej FatikowHead of Microrobotics and Control Engineering of University of Oldenburg
- I am awed by the MiCROW-Pro for its intuitive handling, technical functionality and user-friendliness of the interactive graphical data processing.Lars DittrichCEO 5microns GmbH
- MiCROW answers the growing challenges of the internet of things (IoT) especially for the production of miniaturised products.
- MiCROW provides all characteristics for a successful start-up team: dynamic, goal-oriented, complementary, smart.
- The jury appraised the concept of MiCROW as very innovative with a high potential in the sensor industry, a traditional strength of the German economy. MiCROW can lead to a significantly economization of the traditional manual production.Dr. Andreas GoerdelerHead at the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy